Thursday, December 2, 2010

November Didn't Quite Work Out as Planned

Remember my goal to write 50K words in November?

Yeah, that didn't happen. Lots of good things happened in November, business-wise. But little of it involved writing.

I saw an hilarious video yesterday about becoming a writer. In it, the aspiring writer quits his day job and has delusions of what his life as a published author will be like. Watch the video. It covers pretty much every misconception of being a writer.

I sure wish I could do the quit the day job thing. Well, not really. I love being a coach, but it does take time away from writing fiction. I know I can do both. Not that you'd know it from last month, but I'm not going to waste my time wishing I'd done more. I'm looking ahead. I've got time scheduled today for writing.

Dafydd has a lot of stories to tell. Time for me to sit down and write them down. I'm setting a much more realistic goal for December. How about 10K words? I think I can manage that.

No comments:

Post a Comment