Thursday, October 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo

A couple of people have asked me if I am participating this year. (That's National Novel Writing Month for those of you who, like my husband, went "Huh?"

The purpose of NaNoWriMo is to get people writing more. The goal is to complete a 50K word novel in the month of November. The catch for me is that it needs to be a single, discrete work, and none of it can be written ahead of time. I'm already about 10K words into The Case of the Lost Werewolf Puppy, and I don't want to abandon that for a whole month. Nor do I have another book ready to go. I have the basic plot line of the third Warlock Case Files, but since each book builds from the last (and an important sub plot is started in Lost Werewolf), I can't write them out of order very well.

So I've decided to participate unofficially. My goal is to write 50K words of fiction in November. I'm not sure I've ever written that many words in one month before, so it will be good for me. There's a Buffy story I need to finish by the 15th. (Yes, need. I'm participating in a LiveJournal event.) And of course, there's the current book. Plus another fan fiction that I'm having a blast with but probably will have to be on hold until December, considering other obligations. :(

I'm using this blog as my formal commitment to 50K words in November. And of course, I'll keep you posted on my progress. Cheer me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment